Uganda Gorilla Trekking Rules and regulations are a must know for tourists to abide by in order to have a successful Gorilla Trek to either Bwindi Forest, Mgahinga Park . A list of Gorilla Trekking rules have been put in place and it is a must for Gorilla Trekkers to follow them.
Gorilla Trekking Rules and Regulations for Rwanda, Uganda and Congo
There are several Rules or regulations Tourists to follow when preparing for Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda, Uganda and Congo. Find out important Gorilla Trekking rules for Tracking the Mountain Gorillas .
Some people call it laws that govern Mountain Gorilla Tracking or Procedures to take when participating in Gorilla trekking exercises.
1) Gorilla trekkers should keep a 7 meter (21 feet) distance from the gorillas. The further back you are, the less tension on the Gorilla Family.
2) Trekkers are advised to stay in tight groups when getting close to the gorillas.
3) Avoid getting to close contact with the Gorillas or even touch them
4) Desist from smoking, drinking or eating while near the gorillas to avoid the risk of transmission of diseases.
5) Sometimes the gorillas charge. Follow the guides example (crouch down slowly, do not look the gorillas directly in the eyes and wait for the animals to pass). Do not attempt to run away because that will increase the risk of an attack on you.
6) Flash photography is not permitted, bring with you a Flash free Camera, in case you are interested in taking pictures with the amazing giants.
7) Keep your voices on the low and soft at while in close encounter with the Gorillas
8) You will be required to keep your voices down until you are 200 meters away from the gorillas.
9) Expect to spend a Maximum time of one hour with the Gorillas. However the game rangers may choose to shorten the visit incase they notice anxiety or nervousness among the gorillas.
10) Sickness:, To prevent any disease transmissions, Trekkers with cough or flue, should cover their mouth, Otherwise the Game rangers have a right to stop the Trekker from visiting the Gorillas in case they assess your sickness as a danger.
11) In case of a long call while Trekking Gorillas, borrow a blade from the game rangers and make a 30 cm or 10″ deep hole cover properly with soil after since human wastes can be a danger to the gorillas and other wild animals.
You are advised to visit the Toilet before you set off for a Gorilla Trekking Exercise
12) Avoid littering the Park. All trash must be removed from the park and visitors are asked to be principally cautious not to leave behind small items, particularly used tissues, bottles or wipes.
Important Uganda Gorilla Trekking Rules
1) Age limit for Gorilla Trekkers
15 years is the age limit for Gorilla Trekking. Visitors must be at least fifteen years old so as to minimize risks of unveiling the primates to juvenile illnesses like mumps, chickenpox, measles and many more
2) Size and number of the Gorilla trekkers to visit each Gorilla Family
Each gorilla family can only be visited once a day at 8:00 Am and the number of trekkers is 8 people only. Tourists are eligible to stay around the gorillas for a period of one hour.
Gorilla permits are valid for one day, in other wards they are valid for that particular date that has been issued on your receipt and Gorilla permit.