This 2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking & Cultural Tour begins and ends in Rwanda’s capital, Kigali. You will start the gorilla excursion from Kinigi, the headquarters of the Volcanoes national park and on the second day, you will have a full day of cultural experience in the Gorilla’s guardians village (Iby’Iwacu Cultural Village). It is recommended that to get the best on your 2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking and Cultural tour, you should be in Rwanda a day before the trip begins.
2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking & Cultural Safari Highlights
|Itinerary Summary||Tour Activities|
Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tips
- Mountain gorillas live at high altitude and this may cause difficulties for some visitors. You should pace yourself and drink plenty of water.
- Warm clothing is advised as the trekking is done at 1,700 m above sea level so is generally quite cold.
- Recommended clothing is long trousers and long-sleeved sweaters or shirts while in the forest to avoid insect stings.
- Waterproof hiking boots are essential and rain gear useful.
- Carry your day pack with lunch or some snacks. Eating, drinking and smoking near the gorillas is forbidden – designated time and place will be communicated.
- Photography is permitted, although you must not use flash
- Porters are available to help you carry your day pack for a small charge.