Shortest route to Mountain Gorilla destinations
Kigali International Airport, Rwanda; is shortest route to Mountain Gorilla destinations, it is the center to all the Virunga Region states (Uganda, Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo).
It’s the nearest airport to Volcanoes National Park of Rwanda, Bwindi Forest and Mgahinga National Park of Uganda, Virunga and Kahuzi Beiga /Mt Nyiragongo of Congo.
It takes visitors to both mountain gorilla trekking and habituation Experience destinations and several other wildlife habitats; Queen Elizabeth and Kibale Forest National Parks of Uganda.
This benefits visitors with short drives to Volcanoes National Park (2 ;30 hours), Bwindi Forest National Park (4 hours) , Mgahinga National Park ( 2 hours) . This helps visitors to save some good sum over Rwanda permits ($1500pp) compared to Bwindi Permits at $600pp.
Gorilla Safaris Consultants, tailors trips to Uganda starting and ending in Kigali and this in turn rewards our visitors in various ways;
- It works with several International Airlines such as Qatar, Fly Emirates, Brussels, Air Kenya, Ethiopian , Turkish and Egypt Air Lines which makes it quite easy when connecting back home/ to other destination countries.
- Kigali International Airport offers short drives to Bwindi Forest – 4 hours’ drive and Mt Mgahinga National Park – hours’ drive as compared to the long drive of 8-10 hours between Kampala and Bwindi Forest National Park.
- By using Kigali route to Uganda, visitors get a chance to enjoy several other tourist activities like chimpanzee tracking at Kibale Forest NP, Gorilla Habituation Experience and Wildlife Viewing at Queen Elizabeth National Park.
- It’s very saving to the clients since they can easily trek for the endangered mountain gorillas from Uganda’s Bwindi and Mgahinga National Parks.
Here they are able to save $900 off the gorilla permit cost for Rwanda’s gorilla permits$1500pp.
- Clients are also able to save on accommodation facilities, they can easily enjoy luxury facilities within Uganda’s Bwindi at lower costs (Clouds Mountain Lodge/ Trackers Safari Lodge/ Gorilla Safari Lodge/ Mt Gahinga Lodge; all at lower costs as compared to Rwanda’s expensive lodging cost.
- By Using Kigali International Airport to Uganda, clients are able to have combined Uganda Rwanda safaris ; hence rewarding tourists with natural beauty from two different views.
Accessing Southwestern Uganda from Kigali International Airport is the very best alternative when planning a gorilla trek, mountain gorilla habituation experience in Bwindi Forest NP, wildlife viewing at Queen Elizabeth NP and Kibale chimpanzee tracking due to its short driving distance from Kigali to either of these parks as compared to the long drive between Kampala and the national parks.
Following the rise in price for Rwanda gorilla permits to $1500pp, trekking through Bwindi is a much easier and saving option.
Wondering where you can have such tours starting and ending in Kigali / Entebbe via Kigali Kigali International Airport; your search is over as Gorilla Safaris Consultants has specialized in organizing such tours.
In addition to this, it’s very much easy to cross between Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya with the East African Visa.