Full Day Excursion
Early in the morning we will take a boat to Ngamba Island Sanctuary – located 23 km offshore from Entebbe. We set off with the early morning boat at 8:00 am to Ngamba Island – the home of orphaned chimpanzees. The journey, on water in a traditional motorised boat/speedboat takes 90 minutes/50 minutes each way. You will be welcomed at the island, with a welcome-drink. Thereafter you will be directed to the visitor’s centre where you will be given an introduction to the project, its history, island residents and their plight.
You will receive an educational orientation by a chimpanzee caregiver and view 2 feedings of the chimpanzees . You have an opportunity to feed chimpanzees from the visitors’ raised platform area along the edge of the sanctuary fence.
On the program is lunch at the Sanctuary. Visitors are not allowed to carry packed lunches & drinks to the island but are offered the following all prepared and served by island staff:
- Selection of salads and sandwiches.
- Ugandan Buffet.
- Assortment of freshly baked Ngamba confections.
- Assortment of drinks: water, sodas, wine, spirits.
Back to Entebbe at 3:00pm.
- There is an afternoon option for visitors that would like to go later. Boat leaves Entebbe for Ngamba Island at 10:30 am and sets off at 5:00 pm for the mainland.
- Life jackets and rain suites are provided for all on board our boats.
- Extra activities on request: Swimming on the equator, viewing a neighbouring fishing village, bird watching, other wildlife encounters, or just sunbathe and relax.