Kinshasa is the third largest city on the African continent, capital of Africa’s third-largest country, the Democratic Republic of Congo (Congo-Kinshasa). It is a major commercial center on the continent, with its enormous natural resources creating an increasingly booming economy. Its population of more than nine million people inhabits a vibrant city of varying contrasts situated on the southern bank of the vast Congo River. It faces Brazzaville, capital of the Republic of Congo, located on the northern bank. The two cities are the only two capitals in the world that face each other. The heart of Kinshasa, its large commercial and residential center, is Gombe, home to excellent restaurants, embassies, and fine hotels.
CTT offers a comprehensive one-day city tour. Main attractions include:
- Avenue du tourisme, the best drive on the
- river , like the Pacific Coast Highway of the jungle, beautiful and taking in the views of the twin river capitals
- Kabila’s Masoleum (just like that for Mao and Stalin,)
- Place of Independence, the Botanical Garden.
- The Main Stadium
- The National Parliament
- The National Institute and Museum, site of Mobutu’s former palace and best view of the river and of Brazzaville.
- The Great Arts market (one of the greatest in Africa, and the Musical Center.
- End it off with a splendid stop at the cafe overlooking the cataracts, the vicious rapids on the river where the mighty Congo became unnavigable, and where Diego Cao crashed and wrecked his boat upon the first European discovery of the Congo River.
- A Comfortable vehicle with AC
- English/ French tour guide
- All entrance fees and governments taxes
- All transfers as mentioned in each program