The Bonobos, our closest living relatives, with more than 99% identical DNA, are protected in a special preserve outside Kinshasa. Founded by Claudine Andre in 1994, Lola ya Bonobo is the world’s only sanctuary for orphaned bonobos.
This stunning and cute eco-tour provides a rich, educational experience. Bonobos are
found only in the Democratic Republic of Congo. In addition to spending time at
the Sanctuary, we can enjoy lunch at the waterfalls in nearby Lukaya, and a hike at the green lake of MaVallee.
Price of each tour depends on the number of participants and includes:
- A Comfortable AC and durable vehicle with excellent driver and traction and power for the terrain
- English and French tour guide
- All entrance fees and governments taxes
- All transfers as mentioned in each program
- (Most days if they’re not occupied) Professional Introduction to the Bonobos by staff, scientists, and researchers