3 Days Nyiragongo Volcano Hike safari
3 Days Nyiragongo Volcano Hike safari to Congo offers you a remarkable Africa adventure safari experience with lots of touristic potential to visit. The country is mostly known for her rich biodiversity and nature which covers the largest ares of Africa’s largest rainforest.
Congo is among the 3 countries blessed with mountain gorillas and can one can watch gorillas in Virunga national park. The country is also blessed with the western low land gorillas which can be found in Kahuzi Biega national park.
With Gorilla Trek Africa, a Congo gorilla tour can easily be arranged setting off from Kigali crossing over to Congo for gorilla tracking and crossing back to Rwanda for your overnight.
Day 1: 3 Days Nyiragongo Volcano Hike: Pick up from Kigali to Goma
After your breakfast at your hotel, you will be picked and transferred to Gisenyi which is the largest port on L. Kivu. A boat cruise of Africa’s highest lake will reward you with captivating views of islands and far sights of the Nyiragongo volcano. Have lunch there and proceed to cross the border with Congo to the town of Goma which is the capital of the North Kivu province. Overnight in Goma.
Day 2: 3 Days Nyiragongo Volcano Hike : Nyiragongo Hike
In the morning, you will pack your bags and get ready to hike one of the most active and violent volcanoes on the Continent with the world’s most fluid and largest lava lake. Nyiragongo Volcano is located in the east of DRC, around 19 km from Goma, and is the most active volcano in the world. In 1997 and 2002, flows of very liquid lava broke out from cracks in the volcanic slopes as lava flowed at a terrific speed killing scores of people and displacing hundreds of thousands in the town of Goma. The 4-5 hour hike through lush rainforest will climax with a fascinating view of this lava lake as you chill out for a night at the crater rim. Overnight in tents at the top of the volcano.
Day 3: 3 Days Nyiragongo Volcano Hike : Descend the Volcano and transfer to Kigali
After breakfast, start your descent for a transfer back to Gisenyi where you will later transfer to Kigali for an overnight or a late flight back home.
End of Tour
Included in this tour package;
- Park fees (for non-residents)
- All activities (unless labeled as optional)
- All accommodation (unless listed as upgrade)
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water (on all days)
- International flights (from/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips (tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees